Investing in your brand’s social media channels takes time, money and resources and at the end of the day it is important to be able to measure the ROI. In my last post I talked about the “Three A’s” of social media monitoring and how you can use measures of action, attitude and attention to help find correlations between business objectives and social media results.
In this post I’ll describe four tools that you can use to monitor the “Three A’s” and gauge your brand’s success in social media. these tools can help your social media program be more successful by helping to identify what content your followers are interested in and engaging with, determining what content and calls to action are resulting in conversions for your brand, and providing a quick and efficient way track sentiment and brand health in a single location across multiple channels. Social media monitoring tools save time and effort while helping to evaluate the ROI of your program.
Tweet Deck is a A web based social media monitoring and engagement tool that allows users to monitor and manage engagement for multiple Twitter timelines within a single interface. TweetDeck is a free tool offered by Twitter that provides the following monitoring features:
- Schedule future Tweets
- Set alerts to keep on top of tweets, re-tweets and brand mentions on Twitter
- Filter measurement criteria to focus on engagement, users and content types
- Eliminate users or terms from your brand’s Twitter timeline
- Real time streaming and engagement with tweets, re-tweets and mentions.
TweetDeck is a free app that is offered for iPhone, Android and both Mac and PC operating systems.
HootSuite allows you to listen, engage and measure all of your brand’s social media channels in a single web based interface. HootSuite is a scale-able tool that offers three levels of features at the free, pro and enterprise levels. The free version offers publishing features including message drafts, scheduling and RSS feeds. Free monitoring tools include the ability to perform advanced searches, filter content and manage Twitter followers is addition to the following advanced features:
- Custom search streams for brand keywords
- Search by @mentions and hashtags
- Filtering for location, klout score, keywords and languages
- Built in Ow.ly URL shortener
- Ow.ly file sharing and click through tracker.
HootSuite enables monitoring and management for Twitter, Facebook. LinkedIn, Google+ Pages, Foursquare, WordPress, and Mixi.
Topsy is a social search engine. Search by the name of your brand or keywords related to you industry to to sort through the latest social activity and gain insights that can help you align your social media activities with your business goals. Enter your search term into the Topsy search engine and filter your results by content type (everything, links, tweets, photos, videos and influencers), time and date range, and by language.
Webfluenz is a paid social media monitoring tool that allows users to monitor brand health, social behaviour and engagement, and identify potential crisis situations. Pricing for Webfluenz starts at $89 and goes up to $4299 per month depending on the features and and services that you choose. Key features include:
- Real time monitoring and search of all social channels
- Analytics – dashboards, social profile analysis, detailed reports, ad hoc reporting, data archive, influencer identification, customer quotes, trends, industry.brand comparisons, geographic and gender demographics, social network breakdown and results filtering.
- Engagement – Author profiles, engagement history, facebook and Twitter engagement, and engagement form external sources
- Publishing and scheduling for multiple accounts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Alerts for keywords, trends and custom searches
- Social profile analysis
- Sentiment tagging